Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Pulao

Here's an interesting article and video about Jhumpa Lahiri from the New Yorker. I've always liked that she thinks of each new project as an experiment that may succeed or fail. In this video, I like that she says it's natural for some ideas to burn out.

Lahiri also has this nice article that I read a while back on her father and pulao.

By the by, yesterday I went to a fantastic concert at the Disney Concert Hall featuring Emanuel Ax and Anne Sofie von Otter. They performed about ten short Brahm's pieces, and it was a perfect evening.

What's Peanut eating? Carrots and kibble.

4 comments:

  1. I'm jealous of your perfect evening! I'm excited to watch that video about Jhumpa Lahiri.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michelle. :) The video is neat. It shows her writing desk and what I assume is her actually writing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss my writing desk. I had to downsize into a small apartment and there was no room for the desk. Uck.

    Glad you're back Davin, and had such a nice evening. Carrots and kibble doesn't sound to bad :)

    .......dhole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, ever since I moved in November I haven't had a good place to write either. I'm hoping I'll find one soon!

      Delete