Wednesday, June 12, 2013

BjörkBQ Sauce

I had the supreme pleasure of seeing Björk for the second time at the Hollywood Bowl last night. She is one of my biggest inspirations and a spectacular artist. Her show didn't disappoint. And, she wore this for her encore, where she sang the hauntingly, complexly, ravishingly emotional "Hyperballad," the song that seems to always make audiences quiet and reflective until the heavy beats make them dance.



For dinner, I made pasta salad and wraps with lettuce, tomato, chicken, and bacon, and a made-from-scratch bbq sauce. I'm not a fan of bbq sauce, but I seem to be in this sauces-made-from-scratch phase right now. The sauce was a combo of garlic (1 clove), onion (1/4 onion), ketchup (1 cup), brown sugar (1/3 cup), maple syrup (1/3 cup), chili powder (a pinch), vinegar (3 tbsp), and Worcestershire sauce (1 tbsp). And, okay, I also added a bit of ginger, which skewed in Asian, not necessarily in a good way.


What's Peanut eating? A detached bird's wing. Didn't swallow, nor did he do the original detaching.

8 comments:

  1. I love sauces from scratch. One of my favorite things is homemade salad dressings. I like a shallot one I do best of all. Your BBQ sounds good! That's an amazing outfit Bjork is wearing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michelle! Shallots always seem so fancy to me. I hardly ever work with them. You should give me your recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, your dinner sounds devine - except for the sauce. I don't eat onions. My cat ate a bird; wings and everything, except the head. He left that somewhere. Or perhaps he ate it first before bringing the rest into the house. Uck! And I'm sure he was the one to do the original detaching.

    That mask looks prickly interesting, not that I'd want to don it. Had to go find Hperballad on uTube. Pretty cool, enjoyed the song.

    ......dhole

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna, It's sweet when a cat brings a gift like that isn't it? :) And it's good to know that you don't eat onions...in case I ever get a chance to cook for you! You'll probably have to remind me though.

    Hyberballad is one of my favorite songs. The lyrics are so interesting to me, and they are so different from other lyrics. I think the emotion she is expressing is so complex.

    ReplyDelete
  5. will my eyes
    be closed or open?

    ReplyDelete